The famous Mara is located south west of Nairobi, Kenya. Maasai Mara National Reserve is regarded as the home of Authentic Africa wildlife safari holidays. Its one of Kenya’s only three premium parks ( others being Amboseli National Park and Lake Nakuru National Park). In the Mara, you will find the ‘Big Five’ including Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Leopard and Buffalo. Other animals found here are wildebeest, zebras, giraffe, Thompson’s gazelle, and over 500 recorded bird species. The Maasai Mara is known to hold the highest number of lions in the whole world. Moreover, its world famous for the Annual Wildebeest Migration, commonly regarded as the Eight Wonder of the World, which entails movement of a large number of wildebeests alongside zebras and Gazelles from the neighboring Serengeti National Park to the Maasai Mara, in search of pasture.
- Maasai Mara – 3 Nights: Mara Sopa Lodge
Activities: Game viewing, photography, nature walks sightseeing, birding, wildebeest migration and cultural visits.
Day 1: Nairobi – Transfer to Maasai Mara
You will be picked by our tour guide/driver from Nairobi hotel at 7a.m. or airport.Depart for Mara immediately to arrive for lunch at the lodge which is followed by relaxation by the pool area. Later there will be another game drive at 4p.m. till 6p.m.
Overnight: Sopa Lodge
Meals: Lunch & Dinner
Day 2 & 3: Maasai Mara – Full day
Spend these 2 whole days with a game drive in search of the big five and many other wildlife that inhabits this beautiful savannah plains. There will be picnic lunch on the banks of Mara River or good picnic site.
Alternatively, have a morning and afternoon game drive with a stay in the lodge/camp in between.
Optional activities: Hot air balloon & guided nature walks
Overnight: Sopa Lodge
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 4: Mara – Transfer to Nairobi
Have an early morning game drive then return to the camp for breakfast.After breakfast, head back to Nairobi with a stop in Narok for lunch. Later be dropped off at the airport later for your flight back home or your hotel.
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch
Rate: $1,089 per person sharing
- All government taxes/VAT
- Park entry fees to Maasai Mara
- Accommodation and meals as mentioned in the tour description
- Drinking water throughout the safari
- Transport and Game drives is in a Minivan with a pop-up roof to facilitate game viewing and photography
- All game drives as mentioned in the tour description
- Services of a professional tour driver/guide
- All airport transfers in Nairobi
- Lunch on the last day in Nairobi
- International flights from home and back
- Tips & porterage
- Visa fees (if applicable)
- Other personal items
- Optional Activities: Balloon ride ($450 per person), Maasai Village visit ($30 per person) and any other activity not in the tour description above